Winners: And How They Succeed
Alastair Campbell knows all about winning. As Tony Blair’s chief spokesman and strategist he helped guide his party to victory in three successive elections, and he’s fascinated by what it takes to succeed
How do sportsmen excel, entrepreneurs thrive, or individuals achieve the ambitions? Is their ability to win innate? Or is the winning mindset something we can all develop?
In the tradition of The Talent Code and The Power of Habit, Campbell draws on the wisdom of an astonishing array of talented people—from elite athletes to media mavens, from rulers of countries to rulers of global business empires.
Alastair Campbell has conducted in-depth interviews and uses his own experience in politics and sport to get to the heart of success. He examines how winners tick. He considers how they build great teams. He analyzes how these people deal with unexpected setbacks and new challenges. He judges what the very different worlds of politics, business, and sport can learn from one another. And he sets out a blueprint for winning that we can all follow to achieve our goals.
Key Selling Points
- Includes Anna Wintour, Edi Rama, Floyd Mayweather, Bill Clinton, Richard Branson, Layne Beachley, Haile Gebreselassie, Queen Elizabeth II, Garry Kasparov, Angela Merkell and more
- Campbell hugely connected and books in this vein sell gangbusters (LEADERS EAT LAST: 78,000, THE MIRACLE MORNING (self published): 9, 413, and more...and of course, Gladwell and Lewis!)
- For readers of Outliers, Thinking Fast & Slow and other "business and success psychology and sociology" style books
- "The Blair Years pays off in immediacy and candor. Refreshingly unvarnished." -Publishers Weekly,starred review
- "A fascinating front row seat."-Tina Brown, author of The Diana Chronicles
- "Beyond question the most important and revelatory book so far written about the inner workings of Blair's government. By turns arrogant, brilliant, combative, demotic and emotional."-The Washington Post
At Glendorabooks.com we take your security very seriously. All of our secure pages are protected using a secure certificate purchased through GoDaddy.com. You can verify this by examining the certificate using your browser on any of our secure pages.
Orders for local books in print or foreign imports in stock are delivered within 24 hours in Lagos and between 1 to 2 days for locations in states outside Lagos. Call 07056559201 for enquiries about delivery time for books not found in our database, or not in stock, and have in be imported.
Please allow up to 14 days after receipt to process your return and issue a refund. All refunds will be issued to the payment form used on your original order. Items returned as a result of an error on our part will receive a full refund, plus return shipping up to the original shipping amount paid.